6 Surprising Facts That Will Make You Switch to Bamboo Sheets
A major part of getting a good night’s sleep is having a comfortable sleeping environment. Your bed sheets can make all the difference in the quality of your sleep.
At Bamboo Sheets and More, we’ve got everything you need to have a bamboo-tiful sleep.
- It’s like sleeping on soft silk! Bamboo fibers are very smooth and have a natural lustre. Your bamboo sheets will develop a wonderfully fine soft nap after the first wash. The soft nap combined with the ultra-fine twill weave of better bamboo linens, creates a super soft texture that feels incredible against your skin. The smoothness of these sheets also means that they easily glide and flow around your body to make for a comfortable and soothing sleep.
- It’s hypo-allergenic! Bamboo Sheets and More’s bamboo sheets have an Oeko-tex Standard 100 Certification, which means your bamboo sheets will not contain any trace chemicals. Traces of formaldehyde are thought to be one of the causes of skin sensitivity to fabrics. The absence of trace chemicals in these sheets makes them perfect for people who suffer from allergies. How great is that! Any bamboo fabrics advertised as anti-microbial have had a chemical treatment applied. Avoid them.
- Keep warm. These sheets provide the perfect balance of temperature while you sleep. Your breathable bamboo sheets allow air to naturally flow over and around your body. They will keep you warm, dry and cozy under an insulating layer such as a duvet or comforter.
- Stay cool. Bamboo fabric is incredibly breathable. A naturally moisture wicking fabric, bamboo sheets pull moisture away from the skin. The individual fibers have cross sections filled with micro-holes and micro-gaps that enhance the evaporation of moisture. It works the same way as technical fabrics used in workout clothing and outerwear. Your sheets will keep you cooler in warmer temperatures, so you can say goodbye to the discomfort of night sweats!
- Save time and expense! Bamboo sheets are durable and easy care. Use a warm and gentle washer and dryer setting, and take your bamboo sheets out of the dryer just before the end of the drying cycle. You will find that the sheets dry beautifully and are ready for use. If you choose to iron your bamboo sheets or pillowcases, use an iron setting just at the point where steam is created (a low temperature iron). They will iron easily.
- It’s environmentally friendly. Bamboo forests are sustainable and require no pesticides or fertilizers for growth. Because bamboo forests grow aggressively they do not require intense agricultural management, massive amounts of water, or mass expenditure of energy to re-seed every year. Bamboo is a very environmentally friendly source of fiber for your bamboo sheets.